Jessy's Saturday Afternoon

Guest Mistress Kang

Not typical I assure you but I spent this afternoon laying in my new Temperpedic bed watching a Thai movie "Chocolate" while eating a scrambled egg sandwich with cheese and miracle whip on toast ;-) My favorite part was the fight scene with Zen against the other "special" guy wearing Adidas outfit zipped all the way up. She mimics his crazy head twitches and fighting moves and beats him! The ladyboy gangsters were pretty cool too wearing boots and toting guns in their handbags LOL

Back to work I go! ;-)

Oh man chocolate was such a good movie! My favorite scene (apart from the amazing "special" fight) is the scene when she first puts her fighting skills to the test and she is like a female autistic Bruce Lee! Amazing! I don't think I've ever seen a Thai movie that I didn't enjoy. Does anyone know about any obscure thai movies that I can netflix?

Dear Mistress Kang,

Thanks for sharing some non typical information about yourself. Did your May 17th reply to the post "Interesting Stuff From The 1500's" in which you mentioned the movie Chocolate, give you the urge to watch it again?

I have it on DVD and I've seen it at least 4 times now! Ahn and Lee and I youtubed that fight scene at the office the other day since Lee had never seen it. From there we ended up youtubing the Capoeira fight scene from Ong Bak (another Thai movie)...LOL

Dear Mistress Kang,

I know what you mean, there are certain movies that I can continue to watch over and over again. I am glad you had mentioned Ong-Bak, that was a favorite of mine, there is also an Ong-Bak 2. However, most of my Asian movie collection consists of Chinese, Japanese or Korean films. Best wishes and much love.

• 5 weeks later...

Dear Mistress Kang,

Just to follow up on my last post, I just recently purchased the Chocolate DVD and can clearly see how watching it can get addictive. I noticed that the Director Prachya Pinkaew, besides having directed Chocolate and Ong-Bak also had directed a 2006 film called The Protector. I am not sure if you have seen that film, but it might be worth a look.